Executive – Restructuring Summary of role As a Restructuring Executive, you’ll make a technical contribution to Restructuring engagements and internal projects.
Within your role, you’ll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships, execute restructuring procedures as required and contribute to defining the engagement scope.
Working under the supervision of a Restructuring Manager, Senior Manager or Partner, you’ll contribute to presenting our work and its findings to the client. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you’ll escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you’ll determine whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines.
As an influential member of the team, you’ll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Technical skills requirements
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one
- Track record with a recognized Restructuring team
- Many of our strong performers have moved from other disciplines (Audit, Transaction Support, Forensic (FIDS)) and have experience of investigations.
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Prepare analysis and reports supporting the restructuring assignment as required to be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with management and workforce of the target business as well as its stakeholders
- Build strong internal relationships within Restructuring and across other services
- Strong communication skills, building effective relationships at all levels
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining Restructuring professionals
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
Who we are At Ernst & Young we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At Ernst & Young you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It’s how you make a difference.
To achieve their potential, businesses must continuously improve their performance and sustain that improvement in a rapidly changing business environment. As a business advisor at Ernst & Young, you’ll help many of the world’s leading businesses and governments tackle their most pressing issues. Working in multi-disciplinary teams, often directly with company leaders, you’ll help bring diverse perspectives to every challenge. We’ll help you achieve your potential by giving you professional development and experience with clients across geographies, businesses and practices.
At Ernst & Young, we know it’s your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference.